How to file GST return online in India?
Filing of GST return is not a simple task rather it is a very complicated procedure. Hence, one should purchase a software to file the GST return online. Basically, there are three steps to file the GST return online:
# Upload invoices before making supply: As per GST law, every registered person need to upload the invoices on the GST portal against which they will be issue invoice reference number. Once invoices are properly uploaded on the GST portal or the software, then we can proceed to next step.
# File GSTR 1, GSTR 2 & GSTR 3: Once invoices are uploaded on the software, you need to file the 3 GSTRreturn online, i.e. Outward return, Inward return and cumulative monthly return. After filing, if there is any error, then you must correct it and refile the return.
# Matching of Return: Under GST, each return is matched with another return and if there is any difference, they you must edit, modify and correct it.
Documents Required for Online GST Return Filing in India
For GST return filing, there is no formal set of documents required. The GST returns shall be completely dependent upon the invoices created under GST. Hence, creation of invoices shall serve as base for filing the GST return in India.Further, to file the GST return, you must follow a standard guidelines:
- Prepare each and every invoice as per the GST law.
- Further, each product shall be categorized as per the HSN code.
- Try to maintain invoices details in a format given in the GST software.
- Once invoices are uploaded, you can easily file the monthly returns.
Mandatory Requirements for GST Return Filing Online
As we all know that compliances under GST are more complex than ever before. Each month, company needs to file at-least three returns monthly. Further, each and every invoice shall be uploaded on the GSTN portal. Hence, the mandatory requirements for GST return filings are as follows:
- You need to prepare a complete details of all purchases made during the month which is to be filed by 15th of the month.
- You need to prepare a complete details of all sales made during the month which is to be filed by 20th of the following month.
However, the two categories of people are not allowed to revise the returns which are as follows:
- Person required to deduct TDS
- Registered non taxable person
Revised return shall not be allowed after the due date for furnishing of return for the month of September or second quarter, as the case may be, following the end of the financial year, or the actual date of furnishing of relevant annual return, whichever is earlier.