Basic Procedure Of ESIC Registration
The factory or establishment can apply for registration by submitting as Employer’s Registration Form (Form-01).
- The organization will get an identification number called the code number. The code number is a 17 digit unique identification number.
- At the time of registration, the Employee is required to fill in Form – I and submit a family photo in duplicate to the employer.
- This document must be submitted by the Employer to the ESI Office. The employee is then allotted an insurance number and issued a temporary identity card for availing medical benefits for him/herself and his/her family.
- Thereafter, a permanent identity card is issued, which can be used by the employee even after transferring jobs.
- Companies under ESIC coverage must file the annual return. They must show the changes if any during the preceding year.
- Return of contributions enclosing copy of all ESI contributions paid must be submitted once every six months.